Skip to main content
- Montgomery, J., Allmond, J., Ziotopoulou, K., Hakhamaneshi, M., and Kamai, R. (2013). UC Davis Geotechnical Graduate Student Society: Enhancing education. American Society of Civil Engineers Geo-Institute Geo-Strata issue on Geo-Education, March/April, pp. 49-52. [link]
- Ziotopoulou, K. (2021). Craig’s Soil Mechanics – 9th Edition (by J. Knapett and R.F. Craig). Translation from English to Greek, Klidarithmos publications (ongoing).
- Ziotopoulou, K. (2015). Graham Barnes – Soil Mechanics: Principles and Practice – 3rd Edition. Translation from English to Greek, Klidarithmos publications.
- The Liquefaction Evaluation and Analysis Project as a source of experimental and numerical data: Towards the Quantification of uncertainty in the numerical modeling of liquefaction effects, Extended Abstract, QuakeCore Annual Meeting, Taupo, New Zealand, September 4, 2017. Extended abstract.
- The Liquefaction Evaluation and Analysis Project as a source of experimental data: insights and opportunities for validation efforts, Extended Abstract, QuakeCore Annual Meeting, Taupo, New Zealand, September 4, 2017. Extended abstract.
- Challenges in predicting post-liquefaction reconsolidation strains and settlements: a multitude of implications, Extended Abstract, U.S. – New Zealand – Japan International Workshop Liquefaction-Induced Ground Movements Effects (PEER Report No. 2017/02), Berkeley, CA, November 2-4, 2016. Extended abstract.
- Plasticity modeling of liquefaction effects under sloping ground conditions: investigation of underlying mechanisms and recent advancements, Engineering Mechanics Institute Conference and Probabilistic Mechanics & Reliability Conference, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, May 22-25, 2016. Abstract.
- Systematic validation as a key to moving forward: constitutive modeling of liquefaction, 5th European Congress on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences and Engineering (ECCOMAS), Minisymposium Loss, Risk, Uncertainty and Modeling for Seismic Performance Assessment of Structures, Crete, Greece, May 26, 2015. Abstract.
- Effect of earthquake aftershocks on the response of liquefiable soils under sloping ground conditions. Eastern Section of Seismological Society of America Annual Meeting, Charleston, SC, November 4, 2014. Abstract.
Dissertation and Theses
- Ziotopoulou, K. (2014). “A sand plasticity Model for earthquake engineering applications.” Ph.D. Dissertation, University of California, Davis, Advisor: Ross W. Boulanger.
- Ziotopoulou, K. (2010). “Evaluating model uncertainty against strong motion records at liquefiable sites.” M.S. Thesis, University of California, Davis, Advisor: Ross W. Boulanger.
- Ziotopoulou, K. (2007). “Non–linear seismic response of soil deposits and piles and proposal of unique bi-normalized design spectrum.” Diploma Thesis, National Technical University of Athens, Greece. Advisor: George Gazetas (in English).